Welcome to Our Community!
Each month we'll give away a free delivery to a randomly selected new visitor.
We’re committed to keeping the oceans and your inbox free from unnecessary junk - we promise not to spam you.
Thanks for signing up!
Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
Sand dab fillets
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh cracked peppercorns, medium-fine grind (pink, green, and black)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs, rinsed and completely dry (dill, thyme, basil, chives, parsley)
1/2 cup butter
Optional - Warmed Salad:
1 cup grilled or roasted tomatoes, see recipe
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for basting tomatoes
4 bunches fresh arugula, rinsed, with stems removed
1/4 cup finely diced sweet tri-colored bell peppers
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1) To prepare the fish: trim, rinse, and pat dry sand dab fillets and place in bowl.
2) Mix white wine, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice and gently toss with sand dabs. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
3) Mix flour, salt, cracked peppercorns, and fresh herbs together and set aside.
4) To cook the fish: Dredge marinated fillets in flour-herb mixture to coat completely. Brown butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and saute fillets for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan to individual serving plates and keep warm.
5) To roast tomatoes and prepare salad: Seed 2 large fresh tomatoes, slice 1/2-inch thick, baste with olive oil, and grill over open flame. Cool and coarsely chop into 1/2-inch chunks. Mix together tomatoes, arugula, and tri-colored peppers, and set aside. Whisk together 1 cup olive oil, vinegar and honey, add salt and pepper to taste. Heat dressing slowly in small saucepan and keep warm.
To serve: Toss salad with warmed dressing, arrange on top of sand dabs. Spoon small amount of remaining dressing around plate and garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Note: Sand dabs can be very fragile, especially after cooking. Be very gentle and eliminate multiple transfers from pan to plate.